We live in uncertain times. While that has been true of every era in history, if you have studied history, then you know that our present situation is showing signs of an impending societal collapse. Yes, the SHTF situation that we keep talking about could be just around the corner.
With that in mind, you may be asking (legitimately), what could cause this collapse. Here are 6 possible triggers that Ethan Huff suggests could cause an economic collapse in the United States which are worth reviewing. Here they are with our commentary:
1. Plummeting oil prices. – Because so much of our economy, from fuel to manufacturing, are tied to oil, some believe that plummeting oil prices indicate a shaky economy and a possible economic downturn.
2. Bank failures due to oil and gas hedge expiration. – With declining oil revenue due to the lower prices, many banks who bet upon prices rebounding may be in trouble, which could cause another great depression.
3.Default from emerging market debt. – If you’re concerned about the potential of a debt default by the U.S. government, think about the impact of the great number of Third World countries in debt to the World Bank and to other countries. With the world economy the way that it is, do we really think there won’t be any major defaults from Third World governments?
4. Saudi Arabia concedes to Chinese oil sales with renminbi (RMB) currency. – Simply put, this endangers the U.S. dollar as the world’s reserve currency which means American’s buying power will further degrade.
5. China and Russia inaugurate the Gold Trade Note as currency. – See #4.
6. Failure of southern European banks. – Southern Europe (including Greece) are having tough economic times. This could lead to European bank failures which could lead to a European depression and, thus, a world depression.
What does this all mean for you? Simply put, “conspiracy theorists” who talk about the eminent fall of Western society have a realistic basis for their concerns. Fear of a societal collapse caused by an economic collapse or disaster situation are not unfounded.
In light of this, if you don’t have a plan, if you have not prepared for SHTF, then you need to start now. Better to have prepared and not had to use it (which is what we all hope), than to need it and not be prepared.
What do you think about the possible triggers listed above? Tell us below.