We take so many things for granted in our society: running water, electricity, internet access to read Survivalinstitute.com. It can be easy to forget and overlook items that may be really useful during emergency situations, even if they don’t escalate to SHTF conditions.
The video below covers these five groups of items in more detail than the list below.
1. Paper plates, cups, and plasticware. You may not want to waste precious resources like water to wash dishes if resources in short supply.
2. Aluminum foil. A handy way to cook as well as lots of other handy uses.
3. Flashcards to use as a visual communication medium to help communicate with people who don’t speak a language that you speak.
4. Clothes rack to dry your clothes on.
5. Metal grate to use as an impromptu grill to cook over an open fire.
Watch the video below.
What else do people forget when planning for an emergency? Share your suggestions in the comments.